COVID-19 Business Interruptions Attorneys
Was Your Insurance Claim Denied? Let Us Fight For Your Business.
Companies across the world have endured unprecedented losses from the coronavirus pandemic. With few options for relief, continued closures and social distancing policies, and grim economic forecasts, businesses are bracing for even more.
For many, the only way to survive is insurance.
Unfortunately, the insurance industry is digging in on wrongfully refusing to pay policyholders for losses arising from the pandemic. This includes denying claims from policyholders who have purchased supplemental coverage for Business Interruption or Business Income Insurance, Contingent Business Interruption, Leader Property, Extra Expense, and Civil Authority.
Helping Clients Across The Carolinas
Though insurance carriers may argue losses arising from a “virus,” “bacteria,” or “act of God” are excluded, or that the pandemic does not constitute “physical loss or damage” required for coverage, companies may still have options:
- In North & South Carolina, we believe there are circumstances where these exclusions may not be a valid basis to deny coverage. In addition, while many policies may contain these exclusions, some contain no or only partial exclusions.
- It may be possible to establish “physical loss or damage” arising from the coronavirus, and denial of coverage for lack of physical loss or damage as improper.
- In addition to payment for COVID-19 related business losses, claims against insurance companies may also seek additional compensation and attorneys’ fees over bad faith denials, above and beyond a policy’s coverage limits.
Learn more about your rights and legal options during a FREE and confidential consultation. Our attorneys serve clients across North and South Carolina.
Proven Trial Lawyers Taking On The Insurance Industry
It takes a collaborative effort to combat a public health crisis, and the collective efforts of experienced professionals to provide support where help is needed.
That’s why the law firms of Edwards Kirby, Johnson & Groninger PLLC and Brown, Faucher, Peraldo & Benson, PLLC are working together strategically to help businesses across North and South Carolina struggling to stay afloat amid the fallout of COVID-19.
We’re taking an aggressive approach to helping clients pursue business interruption lawsuits and financial recoveries.
- We are available to represent large and small businesses in the hospitality, airline, travel, restaurant, retail, sports and entertainment industries, including gyms, hotels, bars, movie theaters, sports teams, sport & concert venues and recreation & amusement industries.
- We welcome the opportunity to work with you or your corporate counsel, on a contingency fee basis.
- We assist clients in evaluating existing policies and bringing claims against their insurers over denials, delays, and disputes.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (919) 335-7005
Our attorneys have earned national recognition for our work fighting insurance companies that employ grand tactics and deep resources to protect their bottom lines, and have recovered millions in compensation for our clients.
Now, we want to put that insight to work for business owners, corporate entities, and corporate counsel who need proven trial lawyers in their corners. We invite you to contact us to discuss a potential case.
Raleigh Office: 3201 Glenwood Ave #100, Raleigh, NC 27612
Johnson & Groninger PLLC
Durham Office: 300 Blackwell St., Suite 101 Durham, NC 27701
Charlotte Office: 225 E. Worthington Ave. Charlotte, NC 28203
Brown, Faucher, Peraldo & Benson, PLLC
Greensboro Office: 822 N. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27401
Myrtle Beach Office: 1019 Hwy 17 S #225, North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582