Greenville, NC Personal Injury Attorneys
Injury Lawyers in Greenville, NC
As the anchor of the Tidewater, Greenville, NC is known for its robust healthcare sector, charming downtown, and the ECU Pirates. The beautiful area attracts students and professionals, as well as families and vacationers, and the community continues to grow. Uptown Greenville is home to a wide variety of culinary options and the Dickinson Avenue Districts boasts funky art studios and niche boutique stores. Between cultural arts events and college athletics, there is always something going on in Greenville.
However, the vibrant social scene and large college presence in Greenville have led to an unfortunately high rate of automobile accidents due to drunk driving and negligence. Drunk drivers present a deadly threat to pedestrians and other drivers. Even when the accidents are not fatal, they leave their victims with injuries, medical bills, and property damage that can be debilitating – but Edwards Kirby’s personal injury lawyers in Greenville, NC can help victims recover.
Edwards Kirby’s personal injury attorneys have a proven track record of success in Greenville and throughout eastern North Carolina and have achieved record-setting verdicts and large settlements for those injured. If you have suffered an injury as a result of another’s negligence, you are entitled to bring a lawsuit to compensate for your injuries, from medical expenses to pain and suffering incurred as a result of the injury. Edwards Kirby has experienced Greenville personal injury attorneys who can help you navigate the complexities of your lawsuit. Remember, you don’t pay us unless we recover.
Areas We Serve In Greenville, NC
When Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Edwards Kirby’s personal injury attorneys deal with injuries caused through no fault of your own. Typically, these incidents occur as a result of someone else’s negligent behavior. Our Greenville personal injury lawyers deal with many types of claims like motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, and product liability. There are many more instances where help from a personal injury lawyer may be necessary, including:
- Premises liability refers to the legal responsibility of property owners to keep those on their premises reasonably safe from harm. If their lack of property maintenance or safety warnings results in injury, then they are liable for the damages caused.
- Workplace accidents – When an injury or accident occurs in the workplace, the legal action for victims is typically a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation is a type of no-fault insurance carried by most employers, which means injured workers can obtain benefits regardless of who was at fault.
- Product liability Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers who make defective products available to the public put the lives of innocent consumers at risk. When unsafe products cause harm, victims can explore their rights for taking legal action with the help of a personal injury attorney.
- Car accidents – If you or a loved one has suffered fatal injuries in a car accident, or if you have lost a family member in a car crash, then you can seek legal action with the help of a personal injury attorney.
What Are the Types of Damages in Personal Injury Cases?
North Carolina is an at-fault state. In the event of an accident, like a motor vehicle collision, the party who is deemed responsible will pay damages to the victim. In any scenario, the responsibility falls on the person proven at fault for the incident to pay the other party. The responsible party has to cover the cost of things like property damage, medical bills, and repairs if necessary. The types of damages in a personal injury claim are:
- Economic damages are the most straightforward as they refer to income loss or things that cost the victim money. The party at fault is responsible for paying for repairs, medical bills, and other tangible items.
- Punitive damages provide further punishments to the responsible party to deter them from negligent behavior in the future.
- Pain and suffering and other noneconomical damages refer to everything that you can’t put a price tag on. Sometimes, this includes mental health injuries and loss of life.
The responsible party must be 100% at fault for the accident to make a recovery. Contributory negligence ensures that compensation can be blocked if there is any blame that lands on the victim in the event of an accident.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Andrew, Winston and the entire team were amazing to work with.
“Andrew, Winston and the entire team were amazing to work with. They kept me well informed about my case throughout the process and were always there to answer questions. They handled my case with diligence, professionalism and class. My expectations were far exceeded – I can’t recommend them enough.”
I couldn't recommend a better firm to work with.
“I couldn’t recommend a better firm to work with. The team at Edwards Kirby truly cares about all of their clients. They offer excellent legal advice and know how to get their clients the best results. There isn’t a better group to work with!”
Mr. Bystrinski is a clearly an experienced lawyer, a consistent and effective communicator, and a genuinely nice guy.
“Mr. Bystrinski is a clearly an experienced lawyer, a consistent and effective communicator, and a genuinely nice guy. Starting out, we had very little knowledge of what to do with our case; he walked us through it, helped at every one of the numerous complex steps, and made it MUCH easier. He got us a very nice settlement, he did it in a timely manner (despite the other side not cooperating at all!), and we could not be happier. This law firm is top notch, first class all the way. I would recommend them to my own mother! Thanks so much guys!!”
Thank you for your work, your knowledge, and your professionalism!
– J. L.
Greenville Practice Areas
We’re Here to Help
Call 919-780-5400 or fill out our online form to request a free consultation. You won’t pay unless we win!