Leading Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Raleigh
Record-Setting Verdicts & Settlements
Reasons to Choose Us:
- You Won’t Pay Unless We Win
- Recovered Over $500 Million on Behalf of Our Clients
- Led by Two of the Nation’s Top 100 Plaintiff Attorneys
- Over 170 Years of Collective Legal Experience
We’re Here to Help
Fill out our online form to request a free consultation. You won’t pay unless we win!
Raleigh Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Rebuilding After a Serious, Life-Changing Injury
Some injuries are so serious that they change a person’s life forever. They may lead to lasting disabilities, scarring, disfigurement, or emotional suffering. Coping with these catastrophic injuries is anything but easy, which is why recovering full and fair compensation from the at-fault party is an essential part of working toward a more stable future.
As a catastrophic injury law firm that focuses on handling a small number of complex, high-stakes injury cases, Edwards Kirby is able to dedicate the resources and attention complex injury cases require.
Why Choose a Catastrophic Injury Attorney at Edwards Kirby?
- We’re led by two Inner Circle of Advocates members (top 100 plaintiffs’ lawyers nationally).
- We’ve secured record-setting results, including the largest personal injury verdict, largest personal injury settlement, and largest medical malpractice verdict in North Carolina.
- Our catastrophic injury attorneys are nationally recognized, and have over 170 years of combined experience.
- We’re trusted by clients throughout North Carolina, as well as by catastrophic personal injury lawyers who bring their most difficult cases to us.
Backed by a team of talented trial attorneys, a network of professional experts, and an unwavering dedication to the families we serve, our catastrophic injury attorneys proudly help clients across Raleigh, the state of North Carolina, and beyond.
Call to speak with a Raleigh catastrophic injury lawyer. Your consultation is free and confidential.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Personal injury cases are civil claims that aim to hold at-fault parties financially responsible for the damages victims suffer, and they can include a range of accidents and injuries.
In most cases, victims who file personal injury claims recover from their injuries and lead normal lives. In catastrophic injury cases, however, that is not typically the case.
Catastrophic injury is term used to describe any type of personal injury case in which victims have suffered serious, long-term, or life-altering injuries. They’re distinguished from other injury cases because they result in considerable losses for which full compensation is of the utmost importance, and because they demand a greater focus of resources.
While any injury case can be “catastrophic” if there are life-altering losses, there are some common elements and examples. These include:
- Spinal cord injuries, paralysis, paraplegia, and quadriplegia
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and permanent brain damage
- Loss of function, including organ damages, vision loss, and hearing loss
- Severe burn injuries and scarring
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries
- Permanent ligament or nerve damage
- Multiple broken bones / orthopedic injuries
Motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, explosions, construction accidents, and medical malpractice are common causes of catastrophic injuries, though such injuries can involve any type of accident, and a variety of legal issues – including property owner negligence (premises liability) or defective products (product liability).
Record Setting Results View More Results
Baby suffered severe brain injury after a nurse failed to properly replace her breathing tube.
Expert Insight & Testimony
Working with experts also becomes a more crucial need in catastrophic injury cases. This includes working with investigators, accident reconstruction experts, and industry experts who can explain situation- or industry-specific rules, guidelines, or regulations a defendant failed to meet when working to prove fault and liability.
Because compensation in catastrophic injury cases also entails a considerable amount of future damages, victims and their catastrophic injury attorneys will need to turn to other experts who can help calculate projected future losses This may include:
- Working with relevant medical experts and specialists to understand the nature of a victim’s injuries;
- Obtaining medical expert testimony regarding a victim’s prognosis, likelihood of recovery, what deficits they will be left with, and what treatment they will require in the future;
- Using financial experts and accountants to calculate the amount of income an injured victim would have earned had they not been severely injured or disabled;
- Calculating the costs of expected future losses, including projected expenses for future medical needs, accommodations, medications, and more (while taking inflation and other factors into account);
- Working with mental health experts to illustrate the scope of psychological and emotional suffering endured by victims and their loved ones.
We’re Here to Help
Call 919-780-5400 or fill out our online form to request a free consultation. You won’t pay unless we win!