Raleigh Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Serious Bike Accident? Call Edwards Kirby.
Edwards Kirby fights for victims who have suffered due to the negligent or wrongful acts of others. This includes seriously injured bicycle riders, and the families of cyclists who were killed in preventable wrecks.
As bicycle accident lawyers in Raleigh, we proudly serve victims and families across North Carolina. We know the laws and regulations that apply to bicyclists’ safety, and we know how to protect the rights of victims as they pursue justice and compensation for their losses.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a preventable bicycle accident, we may be able to help you pursue a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party.
Why Choose Edwards Kirby?
- Our firm has recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients.
- We’ve secured record results, including the largest personal injury verdict and the largest personal injury settlement in North Carolina history.
- Our attorneys have earned national recognition, and have been featured in The Best Lawyers in America, North Carolina Super Lawyers, and other prestigious publications.
- We care about our clients, and are passionate about fighting for their cause.
Edwards Kirby has earned a proven record of success and the respect of our communities and colleagues. If you have questions about a potential case and how our award-winning trial lawyers can help, contact us for a FREE consultation.
Your Right to Compensation After a Bicycle Accident
Though bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers of motor vehicles, they are far vulnerable to accidents and injuries. With little protection, they are likely to suffer serious or fatal trauma – especially when their accidents involve cars or commercial trucks.
Bicycle accidents can result in injuries such as:
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Amputation / loss of limb
When bicyclists suffer serious harms, they depend on their right to a financial recovery of their damages. That’s because catastrophic injuries can result in considerable medical bills, lengthy recoveries, and long-term medical needs associated with lasting or lifelong disabilities.
By pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, injured riders can seek compensation for their:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income / lost future wages
- Disability or disfigurement
- Medical bills
- Surgery and rehabilitation
- Future medical needs, medications, and assistive devices
Just as injured riders have the right to seek compensation for their economic and non-economic damages, so too do families of riders killed in preventable bike accidents. In wrongful death lawsuits, eligible surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- A decedent’s pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Lost financial and emotional support
- Burial / funeral expenses.
Who’s Responsible for My Bicycle Accident?
Determining who’s responsible for a bicycle accident will depend on the unique facts of a case. There are many different potential causes of an accident, and numerous factors that may come into play. At Edwards Kirby, we offer free case evaluations to collect relevant facts from victims and families, and make more informed assessments about the validity of their potential claims.
While every case is different, there are some common causes of bicycle accidents. Examples include:
- Failure to yield, improper lane change, and running red lights
- Poorly maintained roads and other roadway defects
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Drunk driving / driver impairment
- Improperly marked roads or bike lanes
- Defective bikes or bicycle components
- Negligent commercial truck drivers
By investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident and working with relevant experts, our experienced team can help gather the evidence needed to prove fault and establish liability.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Bike Accident?
Working with experienced legal representation is one of the most important things you can do after an accident. By placing your trust in trial lawyers like those at Edwards Kirby, you and your loved ones can focus on repairing your lives while we handle the complicated and costly tasks of investigating accidents, communicating with Defendants and insurance carriers, and advocating for your best interests.
Though victims of negligence have the right to recover compensation for their damages, compensation is never guaranteed. Without a lawyer, for example, Plaintiffs may:
- Lack the firepower and resources required of these complex claims, and the ability to fight back against corporations and insurance carriers that care more about profits than people.
- Fall victim to insurance company tactics, including efforts to use victims’ own words against them, minimize the severity of their injuries, or make low settlement offers to before victims fully understand the severity of their injuries, and the scope of their damages.
At Edwards Kirby, our team works to level the playing field between injured victims and powerful insurance carriers, and protect clients from dangerous defense tactics.
Edwards Kirby: Passionate Advocates With Proven Results
Those who cause bicycle accidents can be held accountable, but it takes an intelligent and tenacious approach to succeed. Edwards Kirby has a reputation for success in complex personal injury and wrongful death cases across North Carolina, and is prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve.
With our Raleigh bicycle accident lawyers in your corner, you can be confident your rights will be protected. Insurance carriers and opposing counsel will know they are in for the fight of their lives. Often, this can strengthen negotiations, and lead to timelier and significantly higher settlement offers.
Discuss your potential case personally with an attorney. Contact us online or call (919) 335-7005 for a FREE consultation.
I immediately knew they were the right people to represent us.
Got me the maximum payout I could have received through the person at fault's insurance.- V
Thank you for your work, your knowledge, and your professionalism!- J. L.