Bus Accident Lawyer in Raleigh, NC
Call (919) 335-7005 for a FREE Consultation
Commercial buses provide a valued service, both as an affordable means of public transportation and as a chartered bus service for large groups of people. However, because buses are much larger than standard vehicles, are difficult to stop and maneuver, and carry so many passengers, they are often involved in some of the most devastating collisions on our roads. For victims harmed in bus wrecks, and families who lose loved ones in fatal accidents, the need for securing justice and fair compensation is of critical importance.
At Edwards Kirby, our legal team is committed to fighting for the injured and the wronged across North Carolina, including victims and families who suffer as the result of all types of bus accidents. Whether you were a passenger in another vehicle, a passenger aboard a bus, or a close family member with a victim who was tragically killed in a preventable bus wreck, you can rely on our award-winning and nationally recognized personal injury lawyers to see you through these difficult times, and the challenging legal journey ahead.
Why Choose Edwards Kirby?
- Led by two of the most highly regarded trial lawyers in America
- Proven case results and record-setting verdicts in challenging cases
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation recovered
- A focus on personal attention and compassionate service
Learn how Edwards Kirby can fight for you and your family by calling (919) 335-7005 to request a FREE and confidential consultation. Our firm is based in Raleigh, and serves victims throughout North Carolina.
Preventable Bus Accidents & Victims’ Rights
Bus accidents can take many different forms, but any wreck that could and should have been prevented can provide the basis of a viable personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Our team at Edwards Kirby represents all types of victims harmed in preventable bus wrecks – from passengers and motorists to pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcycle riders who are more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries. We also handle cases involving private buses:
- Private bus accidents – Buses are used widely throughout the private sector, often as chartered bus services, private “party” buses, and interstate travel buses. When preventable wrecks involve private bus companies, victims have the right to seek compensation for their damages by pursuing claims against that company, even when driver negligence or error is to blame. Our team closely investigates these wrecks to identify an underlying cause and establish fault and liability, and fights aggressively against the corporate companies and insurance carriers which commonly aim to pay victims as little as possible.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents and Liability
Those the at-fault party in bus accident cases can affect the rules which apply and the trajectory of a claim, it is important to remember that the individual facts and circumstances of your accident must be evaluated in order to determine what caused the wreck and who can be held liable. Although every case is unique, there are some examples of parties which are commonly held liable for bus accidents. These include:
- Private bus companies and bus operators
- Negligent motorists, including both bus drivers and drivers of other vehicles
- Companies or third-parties tasked with maintaining buses
- Automakers, manufacturers, and others that design or make defective products
- Property owners that cause accidents due to hazardous conditions on their premises
Your Right to Compensation
Victims of negligent and wrongful acts have the right to seek financial compensation for the losses they suffered. These losses can vary from case to case, but are often quite extensive in accidents involving large buses. For example, victims and families may be entitled to a recovery of:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Disability and impairment
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life
- Property damage
Put Proven Personal Injury Lawyers on Your Side
Our North Carolina personal injury attorneys at Edwards Kirby have proven our ability to take on even the most challenging cases, and to fight against the most powerful corporations, public entities, and insurance companies. We know clients depend on full and fair compensation to make ends meet following preventable wrecks and prepare for their futures, and are committed to leveraging our decades of experience, extensive resources, and unyielding passion to fight for the best possible results.
Discuss your case and how our proven accident attorneys can fight for you by calling (919) 335-7005 or contacting us online. Case evaluations are free and confidential, and available to victims throughout Raleigh and beyond.