Explosion Accident Lawyer Serving North Carolina
Fighting for Victims of Industrial & Gas Leak Explosions
Explosions are among the most devastating catastrophes, and they’re capable of causing disastrous damage to property, people, and entire families. Whether they stem from industrial operations, dangerous chemicals, or gas leaks, explosions and fires wreak havoc on residents and local communities.
As a Raleigh-based law firm known nationally for handling complex civil injury and wrongful death cases, Edwards Kirby has the experience, resources, and capability to help victims and families following all types of gas and explosion accidents across North Carolina.
Why Edwards Kirby?
If you or a loved one have suffered harm in an explosion-related incident, you can be confident about placing your trust in our caring and capable attorneys:
- Led By Two of the Nation’s Most Acclaimed Litigators
- Hundreds of Millions in Compensation Won For Clients
- State & National Records for Verdicts & Settlements
- Personal Attention, Client Service Are Our Priorities
Edwards Kirby proudly serves residents throughout Raleigh, Durham, and the state of North Carolina. Call (919) 335-7005 or contact us online to request a free consultation.
Explosion Accident Cases
Explosions can be caused by a number of factors, but in many cases we see, negligence is often to blame. Be it corporate shortcuts, regulatory violations, property owner failures, or defective products, these acts of negligence can have devastating consequences.
Explosion accident cases we handle include:
- Gas leaks (propane and natural gas)
- Chemical explosions related to manufacturing, storage, and handling
- Oil & gas explosions at refineries, petrochemical plants, etc.
- Industrial explosions on commercial properties
- Residential explosions at homes and multi-family housing
- Premises owner negligence and unsafe conditions
- Failures to warn, ensure properly functioning smoke alarms / safety protocol
- Third part negligence (contractors, city or county utilities, product manufacturers, etc.)
- Workplace explosions / fires
Though each type of explosion incident has its unique circumstances, potential causes, and investigatory protocol, they are all capable of causing significant and widespread harm. It is not uncommon for explosions to result in:
Gas Explosions in North Carolina
North Carolina is home to many industrial facilities, plants, and refineries which handle dangerous substances and combustible chemicals that pose explosion risks. However, natural gas and propane power many of our residential homes, multi-family housing complexes, and businesses – and missteps involving these volatile gases can quickly turn into disasters.
That devastation was evident in a major explosion in Durham in April 2019. Though the incident is still being investigated, officials are looking closely into a contractor who had reportedly struck a 2-inch gas line while boring under a sidewalk. The explosion caused over a dozen serious injuries, and a fatality.
Tragedies like these send a reminder about the need for individuals and entities to uphold their legal obligations for ensuring safe conditions, regulatory compliance, and the health and safety of those nearby. Unfortunately, gas explosions occur regularly throughout NC and the U.S., often due to negligence involving:
- Gas leaks that could and should have been detected
- Known hazards left unaddressed by premises owners
- Gas, electrical, and building code violations
- Negligent third parties / contractors
- Unsafe and defective products
- Mishandling of volatile gases / gas line work
Trust Proven North Carolina Trial Lawyers. Call (919) 335-7005
Gas explosions and industrial accidents are exceedingly complex cases, and they demand the attention of highly experienced attorneys. At Edwards Kirby, our nationally recognized trial lawyers are immediately available to help families in the aftermath of explosions and fire-related accidents.
By leveraging our resources, we conduct investigations into underlying causes, determine who can be held liable, and explore clients’ options for seeking the maximum compensation possible. Our goal is to hold bad actors accountable, and help victims and families secure the justice they deserve
Place your trust in a team regarded among the “Best Law Firms” in America by U.S. News. Call (919) 335-7005 or contact us online to speak with an attorney.