Injuries Caused by Inadequate Security
Raleigh Security Negligence Attorneys
Inadequate security measures can have tragic consequences for innocent, unsuspecting people. At Edwards Kirby, we are committed to helping those who have been harmed due to property owners’ failure to provide safe premises, including proper security.
In 1999, partner David Kirby won the largest workplace violence jury verdict in U.S. history, involving an employee whose homicidal threats were ignored by management until he killed three workers and wounded another in Asheville, North Carolina.
Our Raleigh premises liability lawyers have represented many personal injury and wrongful death clients whose injuries and losses could have been avoided if basic precautions had been taken by an employer or property owner to protect lawful visitors, customers, employees, and occupants. Assaults can occur in hotels, shopping centers, hospitals, nursing homes, on the job, and a host of other areas.
To discuss your rights, give us a call at (919) 335-7005 for a free, confidential consultation.
Exposing Negligent Security Practices in North Carolina
Our lawyers handling negligent security cases at Edwards Kirby are experts at analyzing and presenting facts in cases of violent crime involving:
- Negligent criminal background checks, employee discipline, or personnel policies
- Malfunctioning security cameras
- Inadequate lighting in areas such as parking garages, parking lots, or recreation areas
- Poor training and supervision of security employees
Notable Cases Involving Negligent Security
Through the years, our Raleigh security negligence attorneys have handled a number of premises liability lawsuits involving failures to provide proper security measures. We have met with considerable success in this field and have recovered the level of settlements and awards that have helped our clients rebuild their lives.
Some notable negligent security cases we’ve successfully handled include:
- A nursing home attendant, hired despite a conviction for felony child abuse, who brutally beat an elderly Alzheimer’s patient.
- A hospital social worker who was raped and murdered by a laundry worker who had previously assaulted two fellow workers.
- The rape of a convenience store clerk forced to work alone at night in an area known for violent crime.
- The kidnapping and sexual assault of a female employee at her workplace.
No one should have to experience the atrocities of a violent crime, particularly one that could have been prevented, had proper security measures been in place. If you or someone you love was harmed, now is the time to involve a powerful firm to represent your interests.
Call Edwards Kirby at (919) 335-7005 to learn how we can seek justice on your behalf.
I immediately knew they were the right people to represent us.
Got me the maximum payout I could have received through the person at fault's insurance.- V
Thank you for your work, your knowledge, and your professionalism!- J. L.